Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you help me with licensing? Yes. If you have been researching the internet, you know how confusing food regulations can be. Each category of food has different requirements and depending on how it is sold, there are exceptions to every requirement. It is impossible to list all of the variables here...come and see us and lets talk about your specific situation.
2. I would like to rent your kitchen for the day...how much does that cost? Frontier Kitchen does not have hourly or single-use rental options. Our mission is to build strong companies so all of our memberships have contract terms of at least 6 months.
3. If I come in for a tour, are you going to hard sell me on a membership in to your kitchen? No, we don't do hard sells. Some products and ideas need more development before they are ready to go to sale...and we will tell you when we think that is your case. Other companies are already too large for us! Not every product and company is a good fit in a shared environment like Frontier Kitchen and that is OK. We want our members to be happy here.
4. What if someone else in the kitchen wants to make my product, too? Frontier Kitchen is careful about our culture...we foster cooperation over competition. All of our businesses are small--fighting with each other just inhibits growth. Besides, no two people make the same dish the same way...so having more than one cupcake maker just means more cupcakes (yeah, more cupcakes!). Everyone eats. There is enough room in the market for everyone to thrive with the right direction and dedication. We can provide the direction.
5. I love to cook, but I'm not a professional chef...is that a problem? Nope, not at all. Entrepreneurs require a variety of experience in order to succeed...analysts, marketers, plumbers, electricians, Moms and more all have valuable experience that will contribute to making your business succeed. If you haven't been a chef or worked in a kitchen before, we can teach you how to use commercial equipment and operate in a professional environment. If you are a chef that has never been a business owner before...we can help you, too.
6. What should I expect on a tour? When you come in for a tour of Frontier Kitchen we will show you around the facilities and ask you about your company. We are simply trying to figure out if we are the best organization to help you achieve what you want from your company--whether that is work your way into your very own storefront or restaurant or sell your products across the country. Every company is unique and every individual has unique dreams.